I would like to put things in perspective with what I post. If you are a frequent reader, you know I skip a lot of new releases for a variety of reasons. Here, I am going to list the rules I follow in as clear a fashion as possible.
- No remakes unless they are remakes of bad movies.
- No reboots unless they continue from good movies.
- No re-imaginings unless they are of bad movies.
- Remakes of adaptations are the exception unless they follow a good movie.
- No true stories unless the subject is interesting.
- No inspirational movies because they are all the same.
- No sports movies because they are all the same.
- If a movie looks terrible, skip it.
- If you have a bad feeling about a new release, skip it.
- No contemporary, mainstream horror movies because 90% of them are total trash.
- No comedies because humor is subjective.
- No Star Wars spin-offs because they do not matter.
- No spy movies because they are boring 75% of the time.
And that is how I operate. I think if you apply these rules to your own movie going experience, you may do yourself a whole lot of good.